Established in 2002 by City Council, the primary objective of the Rockledge Community Redevelopment Agency (Agency) is to revitalize its four designated sub-districts by supporting projects that will improve the infrastructure and enhance the overall aesthetic qualities of the Redevelopment District. In an effort to achieve this goal, the City of Rockledge Community Redevelopment Agency offers a number of incentives for businesses interested in opening or relocating in this area.
In addition to the Agency’s Facade Improvement Grant Program, which provides an opportunity for property owners and merchants to improve their structures or properties with grant funding of up to $10,000, a variety of other incentives can be available to developers that want to bring their large-scale projects to Rockledge. Incentives offered for projects are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Listed below are some incentives that are available to most Florida businesses under current City and/or County regulations, as well as State law.
Potential for Relaxed Land Development Regulations
- Parking reductions/cross-parking ability/Agency provision of parking
- Stormwater management adjustments/regulatory assistance
- Setback waivers
- Redevelopment Mixed Use zoning district, which allows a density up to 25 units per acre and heights of up to 110 feet upon meeting certain architectural and site design criteria
- The City offers one-stop permitting
- Expedited review - projects within the CRA are brought before CRA staff
- Priority reviews/inspections
- Potentially deferred Wastewater Impact Fees
General Incentives Currently Available Under Florida Law
- No state-level ad valorem taxes
- No personal income tax
- No tax on inventories, goods-in-process or goods-in-transit
- $5,000 corporate income tax exemption
- $25,000 homestead tax exemption
- Tax exemption on pollution control equipment
- Sales tax exemption on new machinery and equipment
- Sales tax exemption on raw materials used in manufacturing